Sunday, June 7, 2015

Water Front

Started to look more closely at the waterfront.

There is sand under the layer of dead leaves! with a little activity of people swimming/wading it could be uncovered. I swept my paddle around and cleared a good spot.

Started to build a trail to the water.


There is a BIG tree that I have to move.I have a plan involving a winch or possibly Burt the truck and pulleys. I'm just going to move it DNR not remove it.


In wading around I found a number of old pieces of wood that did not float and did  not rot. The lake is very, very dark with tannic acid. Its not harmful just makes the water very dark and apparently preserves wood. There are a lot of pines and oak around the lake.



Kayak launching soon.

Its raining. 


I talked to the neighbor who was fixing his outhouse. They have no water. I suggested that maybe they would like to share the well (and the cost) I just put in. He said he would bring it up with his brother who acutally owns the place. His son works for the Chippewa Falls school district. Forgot the name of course. 






No comments:

Post a Comment