Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Lupins Everywhere

I swear I don't remember so many Lupins. They have taken over this whole area. Pretty but I wonder if this is normal. They are literally all over the place and in different colors.






The above is one patch that is literally 40 acres of Lupins. My neighbor says that he has been trying to grow them for years with no luck and all of a sudden he has a patch where he didn't even plant them. It's very hard to avoid them. Very pretty but kind of like a zombie invasion.

The Soil Tester Guy was here and we had three dry holes. No conventional septic system for us. We need a mound system, which is 2 times more expensive. I'm getting real tired of these expensive surprises. 


Cut down my first major tree in 30 years. A big rotten birch that had to go. I research a method using wedges that "guaranteed" the tree would fall in the direction you wanted...

Not so. This one fell 90 degrees from where it was supposed to. I think the rotten trunk had a lot to do with it.  It was supposed to fall to the right...


At least the wedges worked like they were supposed to. They did bring it down...just not quite in the right direction. 






No comments:

Post a Comment