Sunday, May 24, 2015

First Month

I'm keeping this short.

Bought some land in upper Wisconsin near the shores of Lake Superior. The land is 3.75 acres and had 279 ft. of shoreline on a glorified pond named Perch Lake. There are a dozen Perch Lakes in Wisconsin. This one is very small and actually shaped like a perch. It it 750 feet long by 150 ft wide and 15 food deep. It has a hard muck bottom and has very dark brown water caused by tannic acid from the leaves of the surrounding trees. The water is very good ... just tea colored...very strong tea.

The lot has this on it...

It is a 44 by 44 foot pole barn. I will be adding a bunkhouse on the far right along with a porch. It should look like this when done...


Right now it looks like this inside ...


By mid-summer it should look like this ...


I'm just waiting for the local Guys to start working. These Guys seem to be on their own schedule in  a rural area which revolves around fishing and hunting. I wish I had some Gals and the job would be finished.

The well gets dug in 10 days...if the Guy shows up. Meanwhile I've chopped a dozen trees down, split some wood, bought a few machines to keep the place looking good, shopped for wood stoves, powered wheelbarrows, planned where stuff will go, hauled up my three sailboats,( care to buy one?) and started to write again. 

Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment